Thursday workout: 4 mile run, 10 minutes biking, 15 minutes weights
Friday workout: 7 mile run, started off @ 7.0 mph at 2.5% incline, finished with 7.8 mph at 1.5% incline.
I either ate too much for lunch and/or the food wasn’t settling Thursday, so I couldn’t handle the bouncing around on the treadmill, hence the shortened run on Thursday. Managing diet throughout the day is the hardest thing about running at night! It felt good to lift again, though, even though it wasn’t that much. Do any of y’all do Roman Dead Lifts? Whenever I don’t lift regularly and then jump right in and start doing those again, they ALWASY kick me in the butt. I actually only got through one set on each leg (I do one-legged RDLs to work on balance and core at the same time), because my hamstrings became really tight and sore.
SIX THINGS SATURDAY, because I can’t think of anything else to write about and don’t feel like doing anything worthwhile with my time yet (I’ll have plenty of things to do with my time when I start my ER shift in a little bit).
1. I HATE doing or getting my nails done. How do people have patience to get (or do) their nails done regularly? Nothing could be more boring to me….sitting in one place staring at the wall in front of me, not being able to do anything until my nails are done and dry. Ughhh.
2. Started looking into wedding hairstyles and makeup. Is it really necessary to get your makeup done? I’ve always felt really comfortable doing my own makeup, so why should I pay a ton to have someone else do it for me?? I mean, I’d LOVE to have it done, I’m just trying to prioritize what we spend money on, you know? **update: I did some research last night and found a place that was fairly reasonable in the suburbs. My Chicagoland friends: I am open to any suggestions or recommendations you may have for wedding hair and makeup!
3. I love tortillas. Like, I would be completely content having several warmed tortillas for dinner with nothing more than a little cheese and salt added to them. Delish.
4. I love salty foods all the time, but I crave excessive amounts of salt when I’m….when it’s that time of month. It’s pretty bad. Thankfully I’m a huge salt sweater when I run and hopefully sweat most of it out each day. If I didn’t work up a sweat regularly, my blood pressure would probably be sky high.
5. I deleted Instagram and facebook off of my phone. I just don’t need to be around it all times. I have a tendency to always be wanting to do something, and so often when I’m walking to and from somewhere, I’ll pull out my phone and check my fb and instagram feed. I kinda got to the point where I was like, maybe it would be better if I actually made eye contact, smiled and said hi to people when I was walking somewhere rather than staring at my phone? I feel like that’s such a foreign concept in this culture! haha. Americans are so connected and yet at the same time so unconnected to the world around them. When I was in Strasbourg, France, you said bonjour/salut to everyone you passed, even complete strangers. It was rude not to.
Above pic and following text from this source
A woman in Michigan went for a long walk on a short dock. She just didn’t know how short the dock was because she was looking down at her phone.
Bonnie Miller was walking along a pier, enjoying the weather with her husband and 15-year-old son earlier this week when she realized she had to send a text, reports ABC57 News. She didn’t realize how close she was to the edge when she then stumbled over something on the pier and tumbled into the water.
For the record folks, if I’m running outside and you are staring down at your phone not watching where you are going, I will not move for you. I’m not afraid to crash into you.
6. Speaking of Instagram: y’all know that in the news section, you can see what pictures your followers have liked? I like this feature because it has led (I just had to google whether that was lead vs led….my grammar and spelling continues to go downhill, haha) me to other followers I enjoy (David and Mary….I am now obsessed with bulldog pictures, thanks to discovering these posts from you). I have made discoveries about some of my followers, though, that are a little weird:
- Some people must be on instagram 24/7. I swear, every time I sign on and look at the feed showing what my followers have liked, this one girl is at the top of the list, having just liked 10 photos 8 seconds ago. Wth? Are you just liking photos to get more likes yourself?? Do you really have nothing better to do with your time?
- This one guy I follow who is my age seems to be following and liking a lot of teenage looking girls who post sketchy pics. Kinda creepy and parents, watch what your kids are posting!!
A few random pics:
The following are some pictures I came across last night when I was researching various hairstyles and makeup looks. These are apparently what is “hot” in 2013: